Friday, August 03, 2007

School is almost here!


Dear Anonymous,

Thank you so much for your commentary on my recent blogging (the Carnegie Hall tour, school being out, summer topics)--and thanks to you, I am going to update my blog with the long-awaited news that you and at least two other people have undoubtedly heard about by now...and pardon the bullets; after all this time I still don't know how to separate paragraphs in this program...
  • ENP will be 17 weeks along next Tuesday, and we are both thrilled! This is but one of the big surprises to which I alluded lo these many weeks ago--and of course it's the biggest, but the other one is also a big deal! The Florida State Percussion Ensemble was one of three "Call for Tapes" winners of the PAS International Percussion Ensemble Competition! We will be playing a featured concert at the convention this fall (Columbus, OH) and I am really, really excited about it. For more information on this, you can click on "John's Home Page" over on the right and it will take you to the appropriate link. Check out the "media" pages while you're there; I've added some interesting new sound files and some pictures of our renovated teaching studio that look pretty amazing.
In the past 14 months I've become married to ENP (aka the most amazing woman in the universe), moved to a new house, performed a solo recital in Carnegie Hall, found out we're having a baby, and had my ensemble invited to PASIC. What a YEAR!!!
  • Readers, I hope you are having a great summer and I will probably see some of you soon. Nice bullets.

8 comments:

Blake said...

Yes, perhaps I do need an update. I will get on it. I did update the entire www.blaketyson.com site, so give me some credit for that.

Oh, and speaking of needing updates...how about the pictures of the studio on you FSU page? Or any of the pictures? I mean, seriously, who uses Internet Explorer these days?(it's kind of like throwing a shoe :)

It's all about Firefox, Opera, or at least Safari. Macs don't even have an Explorer these days.

I guess what I'm saying is...
Send me some pictures!! I want to see the magic that is the FSU Percussion Studio.

John said...

Yes, although there's nothing on you blog about the new site!

The pictures on the FSU page work fine, although does your hoompty (and I quote myself) Mac open them? Let me know, and if not I'll send you a picture CD since your computer probably won't open jpg attachments either. :)

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin said...

Congratulations!

Also, Dr. T showed me the pictures of the new and improved FSU percussion studio. It looks great! Both of us are a little envious of the stain-free carpet.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both!

Laura said...

Congratulations Dr. Parks!
Yay!

The Tsar said...

Congrats, Doc. I hope you have a wonderful year.

Justin said...

Dr. P,

I'm sorry to hear about Ionisation. I'm doing a presentation on Varese for my theory class, and I was looking forward to hearing your ensemble play it. Regardless, I'm sure the PASIC concert will be incredible! Looking forward to it!

JLA